The M&A market is very active today, interest rates are at historic lows and banks are actively lending. Is now the time to sell your business because of potential increases in capital gains tax rates? In this episode, glean insight from partners David Tobin, Chuck Gottschalk, and Holt Vaughn as they discuss the pros and cons of selling your business based on the current market trends.
Selling your company is likely one of the most important transactions of your business career. When that time comes, will you approach the process from a position of strength or weakness? In this episode, learn how to:
- Get your business house in order and be prepared mentally and financially
- Qualify prospects and perform reverse due diligence
- Negotiate favorable terms in the LOI
- Take control during the due diligence process
- Have a Plan B
Having a solid communications strategy and plan for an M&A transaction goes beyond an announcement to employees. Strategizing your company's PR even years before you're ready to buy or sell can maximize your deal value when the transaction finally takes place.
In this episode, David Tobin goes deep in his interview with PR expert Elizabeth Shea to provide listeners with action steps that can increase Enterprise Value for sellers and attract more qualified candidates for buyers.
Private Equity (PE) firms are buying marcomm companies — but what does that mean for your agency? In this episode, Tobinleff partner and former CPA with Ernst & Young, Chuck Gottschalk, explains what Private Equity is and how PE firms can get you a bigger payday for your business. Get answers to questions like:
- What is Private Equity (PE), and why would it be interested in purchasing marketing, advertising, digital, PR, and related communications agencies?
- What does PE look for in acquisitions, and what makes a marketing firm attractive?
- How does doing a deal with Private Equity increase what you’re likely to earn from a sale of your agency?
- What about the downsides?
In today’s COVID Economy, acquihires (sometimes referred to as “bolt-ons” or “tuck-ins”) remain a productive growth strategy for buyers, and a viable way for sellers to find a new home. In this episode, Jeff Lambert, founder and CEO of Lambert Agency and a veteran of several acquisitions, and Holt Vaughn, a partner in TobinLeff, provide information, insights, and case studies on acquihire opportunities from both the seller’s and buyer’s perspective.
How has the recent economic shock of COVID-19 changed the landscape for acquisitions? Are buyers still buying? How are valuations and multiples impacted?
More than ever, companies are now assessing if strategic acquisitions should be a part of their growth plans. To provide insights and answer questions like these, we interviewed industry leaders Peter Finn, Managing Partner of Finn Partners, and Michael Kempner, CEO of MWWPR.
Tune in to learn about the market trends they're seeing and what they recommend for M&A moving forward during COVID-19.
- Is now still the right time to buy or sell a company?
- How do I move forward if the value of my business has been negatively impacted?
- What if I don't know what my company's value was before COVID-19?